Articles and inquiries should be submitted to:
The Publisher, 8M Construction Digest Ltd. Eng Hans JWB Mwesigwa.Plot 8 Wamala Avenue, Bukoto Kampala.
- Operations Manager / Graphic Designer
- +256 782994557
- +256 758732305
Guidelines for writing articles
1. Purpose: Why write the article?
- Consider carefully why you are writing the article;
- What message do you have?
- Are you convincing or persuading on something?
- Are you educating, informing and criticizing? Arguing a point?
- What effect are you seeking in the long or short term?
- Any other considerations?
2. Audience: To whom are you writing?
- The business community?
- Institutions of higher learning (lecturers/students) and researchers?
- NGOs and international bodies?
- Any combination of the above?
- Any others?
3. Content of the article
- Introduction of the topic
- Write about the subject matter: using what, where, when, why, and how
- When writing, remember to use facts, pictures, illustrations, etc to convince or persuade the audience
- Give recommendations;
- Show references if any;
- Tailor article to required speciﬁcations of size and fonts;
4. Style: What choice of language?
- Use a language suitable for the purpose and to the audience, e.g. if engineers/medical practitioners, use the appropriate technical language; If policymakers but laymen in the subject, use appropriate language with examples
- Use correct grammar, preferably with short easy-to-understand sentences tailored to the
Guidelines for submitting articles:
- Submitted articles shall be of appropriate length but preferably between 1,000 to 2,000 words, which may be 3-5 Abstracts are not necessary, but if in place, they may be between 100-200 words.Articles shall be prepared in Times New Roman font style, font 12, single spacing and submitted in both PDF and MS Word.
- Questions to Mama Fundi should be brief within 20words maximum. We welcome good quality pictures to accompany them;
- All submissions should be in the English language, prepared using Microsoft Word application version 2010 or latest version; and aligned in the acceptable forms with clear high-resolution pictures;
- Articles can be sourced from anywhere, so long as they relate to engineering, manufacturing, production, skilling, infrastructure-related information, career guidance and other relevant aspects;
- Articles may be sent by email or WhatsApp in the MS Word and PDF format;
- The authors of engineering-related articles must submit passport photos (high resolution in jpg format), contact email addresses and a brief biography of 100-200 words. This may indicate: Names; professional or academic qualiﬁcations; Work and work place and experience, if any, and any relevant info to publishing
- Authors of jokes or leisure materials need not disclose all information except their names and telephone/email contact